Office for Foreign Social Securities (ofss)

Your Pensions from:

Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Home Who We Are Our Service Our Procedures Contact Us / Impressum Site Map Disclaimer

The Swiss Pension Insurance

Social Security Performance

Groups Of Insured

Insurance Categories

Insurance Periods


Swiss Pensions In The US

Pensions From Foreign Countries

Social Security And Divorce
Dieser Artikel auf Deutsch
Social Security Agreement between Switzerland and the USA Procedure

In General

As the recipient of social security payments from a Swiss insurance carrier you can have your payments transferred into a bank account abroad in the currency of the country of your residence. However, you have to be registered with the Swiss consulate or other office of Swiss representation in the country of your residence.

You can apply for your pension with the Swiss Social Security Administration from any country outside of Switzerland. All you have to do is request the proper application forms from the Administration in German, French or Italian (!) and make sure that all supporting documentation is stated in one of those languages.

We are specialized in assisting pensioners who are living abroad and will handle all business with the Swiss insurance carriers in a professional way.

We are offering our 'wrap-around' service, which goes beyond the basic correspondence such as the assistance with your application for pension, our prognosis, making sure that your account shows all time-periods and substitute times. We gather all necessary proofs and documentation and investigate missing records and more.

The Social Security agreement between Switzerland and the USA

The respective Social Security Administrations of Switzerland and the USA have signed an agreement, which guarantees pension payouts to citizens residing in each partner-country ('Bilateral Agreement').

If you have paid social security contributions into the Swiss system you are entitled, even if you have left Switzerland, to partial social security payments. You have to – as is required by Swiss residents - fulfill a minimum of 12 months of contributions. Your pension payouts will commence at your mandatory retirement age or upon the death of your spouse. If you are disabled and your incapacity is 50% or more you can receive your disability payments in your foreign country of residence.

If you are a Swiss citizen or a naturalized US citizen the Swiss Social Security Administration will transfer your pension to any country of your residence.

While receiving a pension from Switzerland, you may also receive Social Security payments from the USA at the same time.


In general, if you fulfill all requirements, you are allowed to receive your pension from Switzerland simultaneously with any Social Security payouts from the USA.

All you have to do is ask us to assist you with setting up your application and to guide you through the laborious and complex process until success is guaranteed.

Your need to apply for your US pension with the US Social Security Administration. Upon request our American partner can assist you there as well.

Please talk to us!

bookmark in: add to: Diese Seite zu Mister Wong hinzufügen oneview - das merk ich mir!Add to: Icio

Office for Foreign Social Securities (ofss)
P.O.Box 1113, Cedar Crest, NM 87008
e- mail:

Tel.: 1-505-328-7777